Recently my Husband and I chose to disconnect cable. I wondered how I would react to not having the 'background noise' as company. As days passed though, I noticed that I didn't miss it as much as I thought I might.
Instead of waking up and switching on the TV to a program like 'Angel' or 'Charmed' I...
- Read a chapter of my book in bed - The Girl Who Played With Fire. (It's awesome).
- Practiced morning meditation - today I picked a guided meditation on financial abundance. (Me likey some money!).
- Checked Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest and surfed online for a bit.
- Went for a walk with Bentley (my dog) along the beautiful Bermuda railway trails.
- Ate breakfast in silence - yummy cinnamon and raisin toast (Toast is my specialty).
- Listened to music and sang <out loud> a little (as Bentley gave me quizzical looks).
- Watched 3 minute TEDTalk on Trying something new for 30 days. Brainstormed on what I was going to do for my first 30 day challenge. (Stay tuned).
- Baked three batches of gluten/grain-free cookies to sell for Breast Cancer fundraising efforts. ($140 raised from "Boobie Bake Sale" to date).
- Completed a 40 minute personal yoga practice.
- Had lunch with friend.
- Created 2 new pieces of jewelry.
- Wrote a blog post.
Who knew there were so many fun things to do instead of numbing out in front of the tube!